Job Title: Welder Fabricator
Overall Job Purpose: To undertake a wide variety of basic and bespoke projects using fabrication and welding techniques ensure their completion
Responsible to: 1. Fabrication Manager
- Managing Director
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete various fabrication projects
- Cut and shape steel prior to assembly
- Using Mig Welding techniques to join steel for structural work.
- Interperating and working from Engineering Drawings and Specifications
- Liaising with the drawing office and design department
- Use of various hand tools such as Hammers, Spanners, Saws, Ratchets, Drills, Vices and Grips
- Producing buildings and other structures that require steel fabrication works
- Producing structural frameworks such as railing, fire escapes and balconies
- Use of various machinery and equipment such as Pillar Drills, Cut-Off saws and Guillotine
- Adhering to Health and Safety Regulations at all times and reporting any causes for concern to the Workshop Manager.
Personal Qualities and Qualifications
- Previous experience working in Fabrication.
- Experience in MIG Welding (Essential)
- Experience working in structural steel a distinct advantage
- Experience working in a busy workshop environment.
- Hands on approach to work.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Interpersonal and communication skills
Working Hours: Monday to Friday (Full time)
Remuneration: £11 – £13 P/H (DOE)
Probation: 3 month probationary period.