Overall Job Purpose:To undertake a wide variety of basic and bespoke projects using fabrication and welding techniques
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete various fabrication projects
- Cut and shape steel prior to assembly
- Using Mig welding techniques to join steel for structural work.
- Riveting and fitting of components
- Interpreting and working from engineering drawings and specifications
- Use of various hand tools such as hammers, spanners etc
- Use of various machinery and equipment such as Pillar Drills, Cut-Off saws and Guillotine
- Undertake various other tasks to ensure project completion.
- Adhering to health and safety regulations at all times and reporting any causes for concern to the Workshop Manager.
- Previous experience working in Fabrication.
- Experience in MIG welding (Essential)
- Experience working in a busy workshop environment.
- Hands on approach to work.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
Qualifications and Certification:
- City and Guilds in Mechanical Engineering, Completion of a Mechanical Engineering apprenticeship or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
- Relevant Experience will be considered in absence of qualifications.
Working Hours: Monday to Friday (42.5 hours per week), 2 Saturday shifts required out of every 4 (paid at an overtime rate).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org