GENERAL POLICY STATEMENT
It is the objective of Sapphire Recruitment Logistics Ltd to give high priority to the health, safety and welfare of its employees and to the public at large, as an integral part of its total operations.
These are to provide the basis for the prevention of injuries to employees, and to ensure the continuing provision of safe and healthy working conditions. This will thus ensure minimum loss caused by accident, ill health, poor attitudes and unsafe working practices.
The Managing Director of Sapphire Recruitment Logistics Ltd is ultimately responsible for the formulation, implementation and periodic review of this policy. The Company will ensure that responsibility is delegated to the Manager, or where there is no Manager, the Senior
Consultant at each location and they will be known as the Health and Safety Supervisors.
The Manager is responsible for the implementation of detailed policies, responsibilities and relevant procedures within their own departments and for ensuring that Company Management and employees accept their responsibility for health and safety.
In particular the Company has a responsibility:
- To provide and maintain safe and healthy working conditions, taking account of any statutory requirements.
- To provide training and instruction to enable employees to work safely and efficiently.
- To maintain a constant and continuing interest in health and safety matters applicable to the Company’s activities and for its Management to set an example in safe behaviour.
The Health and Safety Supervisors agree:
- To consult with employee representatives on health and safety arrangements.
- To make regular checks to ensure compliance with relevant standards.
- To take such steps as may be necessary to ensure the safety of persons other than employees who may use the facilities from time to time.
- To ensure adequate means of access to and egress from all locations both inside and outside the premises.
The employees are required to co-operate with Management in carrying out their statutory duties with the object of inducing and maintaining a high standard of safety performance:
- By acting, individually and collectively, to ensure a safe and healthy working environment.
- By taking reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and all other persons who may be affected by their acts and omissions.
- By using the protective equipment provided and by meeting statutory obligations.
- By reporting incidents that have resulted in or may lead to injury or damage or an unhealthy workplace.
- By adhering to Company procedures for securing a safe and healthy workplace.
- By assisting in the investigation of accidents with the object of introducing measures to prevent a recurrence.