Our client is seeking a trustworthy, reliable Community Care Worker to join their family-friendly team based in Cullompton.
You will be required to:
- Provide dedicated care (including personal care – bathing, washing, dressing, oral hygiene, skin care, changing catheters etc.) to all service users as per detailed care plans and complete all required paperwork
- Prepare meals, deal with laundry and collection of monies, ensure the service users home is kept clean and tidy
- Be mindful of service users needs at all times
- Respond to any changes quickly and report these
- Attend all training and meetings when required
- Actively promote service users independence and choice
- Complete and sign daily medication sheets
- Provide cover when there are staff shortages
- Be able to organise your time effectively to meet the needs of your service users
- Have exceptional interpersonal skills and treat everyone you meet with dignity and respect
- Be friendly and approachable but professional at all times
- Have a positive attitude
- Be able to work well as part of a team as well as on your own initiative
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be trustworthy and reliable
- Be able to work unsociable hours including bank holidays and the Christmas Period
- Have a full driving licence and your own transport
Having previous experience in a similar role is an advantage it is not essential as full-training is provided. Enthusiasm for the role and a willingness to learn is valued most.
Hours: 25-35 hours per week
Salary: £8.50 per hour plus mileage
Unfortunately, due to the number of applications we receive for certain vacancies, it is not possible to contact everyone to let them know if their application has been unsuccessful. If you haven’t been contacted by a member of our team within 3 weeks, your application has been unsuccessful at this time.