KEY CORPORATE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
To be part of the Street Scene Team as a Street Cleansing Driver (road sweeper) assisting with the delivery of operations including mechanical sweeping of highways and other hard standing areas at various locations within the district as identified in the Corporate Plan.
The objective of the team is to provide a high level of customer service while maintaining a pleasant, welcoming and enjoyable environment for residents and visitors.
KEY SERVICE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
To competently drive mechanical street sweepers for the majority of the working day, ensuring; highways, footpaths and other hard standing areas are mechanically swept to the standards required.
- To undertake pre start checks on a range of vans, plant and other vehicles up to LGV Licence (Cat C) or 7.5 tonnes (Cat C1 ) road sweeping vehicles (as appropriate to the licence held) when required in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations as stated within the operations manuals and to include the completion of daily defect sheets.
- The ability to complete physical outdoor work including and not limited to; maintaining and emptying litter bins, dog bins, manual sweeping, the disposal and removal of waste and detritus, fly tipping, removal of dead animals.
- Contribute to the performance of the team, ensuring we maintain a high standard of service and support the Team Leader in making sure the team offers a customer focused service to help achieve continuous improvement and innovation in service delivery.
- Act as an ambassador for the Council by being professional, courteous and helpful.
- To ensure; health and safety, safe systems of work, standards, processes and housekeeping are adhered to through regular checking and cleaning of; vehicles, equipment/machinery and working sites.
- To work on your own initiative and perform day to day tasks unsupervised when necessary.
- To follow both written and verbal instructions from the Team Leader.
- To complete mandatory skills training including; CPC, other related health and safety training and industry updates as required.
- Undertake any other comparable duties within the service commensurate with the grading of the post to include and not limited; assisting with Waste and the Grounds Maintenance Team.