Overall Job Purpose: The Accounts Assistant will be directly responsible for assisting the Finance manager in processing and troubleshooting the various accounts and financial transactions of the business.
Responsible to: Finance Manager
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Sales/Purchase Ledger & Credit Control:
• Raise, send and track invoices.
• Chasing invoices and dealing with remittances and queries
• Request Purchase orders.
• Complete and send Job reports and other related paper work to customers
• Accounts Reconciliation i.e. Bank, credit cards, sales & purchase orders
• Use of SAGE i.e. Credit card, Bank and petty cash entries
• Prepare and run end of month payments.
• Ensure all financial transactions are recorded, documented and reported in the correct manner
• Assist in the preparation and completion of VAT returns and creating financial reports
• Accurate processing of staff working hours
• Action pay deductions
• Enter employee expenses onto SAGE
• Process Income Tax, National insurance and payroll contributions
• Dealing with payroll enquires from employees and correcting and reconciling any errors or discrepancies
Administration / Data Entry & General:
• Reception cover
• Filing of sales, purchase orders and other documents
• Reporting – Input and log service data for contracts, warranties and income reports
• Attending departmental and companywide meetings.
• Reporting of any issues or causes to concern to finance manager
• Adhering to company financial policies, procedures and core values.
• Assisting with sister company accounts and administration when required.
• Suggesting changes and looks to make continuous improvement to company financial systems.
• Previous experience working in accounts i.e., Accounts Administrator, Credit Controller, Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger or Bookkeeping.
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Quick learner with the ability to learn companies systems, policies and procedures.
• Ability to cope well under pressure and manage own workload
• Systematic approach to work.
• Well-presented and professional at all times.
• Excellent communication skills through various channels i.e. email, telephone and face to face communication.
• Forward thinking with the ability to adapt to change and new requirements quickly.
Qualifications and Certification
• Literate and Numerate.
• AAT or CIPP qualification (or similar) desired but not essential.
• Certification or training in SAGE software i.e. SAGE 50
• Ability to use Microsoft Office software i.e. Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
Type of Employment: Permanent / Full time
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm
Remuneration: £19,500 – £22,500 dependent on experience
• Company Pension contributions
• Occasional overtime
• Extra holiday entitlement (following 2 years of service)
Probationary Period: 6 months
Training and Development: SAGE software and payroll training can be provided