Overall Job Purpose: As an Accounts Manager you will be responsible for a client portfolio, providing all around accounting and tax services and advice. The role involves coordinating and overseeing a wide range of day to day tasks involving other team members including accounts preparation, tax advice, and business services for limited companies, partnerships, sole traders and individuals.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fantastic team in their well-established office in Exeter with plenty of potential to grow the agricultural portfolio being involved in marketing and networking activities.
Responsible to: General Manager
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Overall responsibility of an area specific clientele, providing accountancy services and advice covering all aspects involved
• Oversee income and corporation tax returns alongside with controlling and reviewing VAT return preparations
• Oversee the day to day running of the department
• Provide appropriate training to new and existing members of staff where and when needed
• Work with other managers in the group to ensure the overall workloads of the department are managed in a timely manner.
• Liaise with the Partners on general issues and specific one off projects as part of your daily routine dealing with client matters.
• Respond to all enquires in a timely manner to ensure all deadlines are met
• Provide comprehensive business advice through client meetings
• Proactively seek additional business from new and existing clients
• Previous experience working in an accountancy practice regardless of the size.
• Enthusiastic and Passionate.
• Excellent communication and organisation skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
• Be able to demonstrate technical expertise (tax and accounts knowledge).
• Business development ability and a keen interest in progression.
Qualifications and Certification
• ACA/ ACCA qualifications or equivalent
Working Hours: Monday to Friday (36.25 hours per week)
Remuneration: £30,000 to £35,000 DOE
• 21 days holiday entitlement
• Contributions towards Eye test/glasses
• Contributions dentist check-ups and dental Trauma
• Contributions towards therapy treatments e.g. Physiotherapy, Chiropractic
• Death in Service (twice your annual salary)
• Length of Service Awards (10, 25, 40 Years)
Probation: 6 Months’ Probation
Training and Development: At manager’s discretion