Overall Job Purpose: To undertake a wide variety of basic and bespoke projects using basic assembly and mechanical engineering techniques
- Workshop Supervisor
- Managing Director
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete various mechanical assembly projects
- Disassemble/reassemble of mechanical components and machinery
- Cut and shape steel prior to assembly
- Using basic assembly techniques to join a wide variety of components
- Riveting and fitting of components
- Interpreting and working from Engineering Drawings and Specifications
- Use of various hand tools such as Hammers, Spanners etc.
- Use of various machinery and equipment such as Pillar Drills, Cut-Off saws and Guillotine
- Undertake various other tasks to ensure project completion.
- Adhering to Health and Safety Regulations at all times and reporting any causes for concern to the Workshop Manager.
Personal Qualities and Qualifications
- Previous experience working in Mechanical Assembly or Fabrication (Desired).
- Experience using basic hand and power tools such as Ratchets, Drills, Spanners and grinders
- Hands on approach to work.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
Qualifications and Certification:
None specifically required however the following are advantageous:
- City & Guilds, Diploma or completion of apprenticeship in Mechanical Engineer or Fabrication
- Relevant Experience will be considered in absence of qualifications.
Working Hours: Monday to Friday (42.5 hours per week)
Saturday (2 in 4 mornings paid at 1.5 hourly rate)
Remuneration: To be discussed at interview
Probation: 3 month probationary period
Successful candidates may be given the opportunity of on the job training in Mig Welding and fabrication
The Company: Our client is a well-established company that has been situated in the south-west for many years. Offering a high level of service to all their clients, they work to complete a variety of bespoke and specialist products dependent on the client’s specifications and requirements.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent