Our client is a well-established leading company that has been based in the south west for many years, only a short commute form Exeter. This role offers the successful candidate to work in a very unique field of engineering conducting maintenance, repairs and installations of a variety of hydraulic and mechanical systems.
Overall Job Purpose:
To work as part of the field service team by undertaking a variety of task and projects. These projects will primarily be to Fit, Service and carry out routine maintenance on high-pressure Hydraulic systems and Plant Equipment.
- Service Manager
- Managing Director
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspecting and assessing the condition and operation of various equipment and systems
- Conducting diagnostics and fault-finding
- Installation, servicing and repairs of hydraulic systems such as pumps, jets, valves and plant equipment.
- Various mechanical fitting and installation tasks.
- Liaising with other departments and company suppliers
- General administration and record keeping of work undertaken and completion of job sheets.
Personal Qualities and Qualifications
- Previous experience working as a Mechanical Field Service Engineer
- Previous experience in Mechanical Plant repair and maintenance
- Excellent diagnostics, fault-finding and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage you own time and prioritise workload
- Flexible approach to work as jobs vary each day
Qualifications and Certification:
- Valid Driving license
- In the absence of qualifications, relevant experience will of course be considered
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 8.00am – 5.00pm
Location: Near Exeter (30 mins drive approx.)
Remuneration: £26,000 (Starting Salary) – Increasing after probation
Probation: 6 month probationary period
Company Van – (after completion of probation)
20 Days Annual Holidays + Bank Holidays
Further training (at manager’s discretion)