Overall Job Purpose:
Our Client is seeking and experienced Furniture Designer / Draughtsman to join their successful team and work alongside one of the UK’s leading Cabinet & Furniture manufacturers. The successful candidate will be responsible for the production of presentation and working drawings to the highest standard while liaising with clients and overseeing projects through to completion.
Responsible to: Design Office Manager
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting site surveys
- Evaluate orders and proposals to determine their feasibility
- Produce 2D drawings and 3D models of solid and veneered cabinets using SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
- Researching and integrating fixtures/fittings into final design.
- Making modifications & amendments to previous designs
- Obtain clients approval of propose designs, drawings and specification
- Liaising with clients / customers
- Communicating with other departments such as production and purchasing
- Produce relevant design paperwork i.e., Bill of Materials, Requisitions, GA’s
- Other duties may be included within the scope of this job description.
- Experienced and competent in the use of SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
- Previous experience working as a Furniture Designer with a strong background in solid and veneered construction
- Knowledge of furniture production methods and materials
- Ability to work as part of team
- Prides themselves on exceptional craftsmanship
Qualifications and Certification:
- Certificate or similar qualification in AutoCAD or SolidWorks (Desired)
- In the absence of formal qualifications, relevant previous experience will be considered
Probation: 3 Month’s Probation
Training and Development: At manager’s discretion