Multi-Drop Courier (Exeter)
Overall Job Purpose: We are assisting our highly successful client in their search to find multi-drop couriers to drive a C1,7.5 Ton vehicle.
Responsible to: Senior Courier
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and organise your workload to prioritise tasks and meet customer requirements.
- Use hand scanning equipment to successfully complete multiple deliveries and collections of shipments in a variety of weights, shapes and sizes.
- Complete vehicle maintenance, safety checks and accurately record/report any defects accordingly
- Always comply to all company policies/procedures
- Where necessary, make sure all funds are collected for all ‘cash on delivery’ shipments.
- Work to specific timescales and deadlines to achieve company targets.
Personal Qualities and Qualifications
- Experience working as a multi drop courier, with a strong geographical knowledge is advantageous but not essential.
- Comfortable with physically demanding manual work.
- Flexible approach to work
- Demonstrate excellent punctuality and reliability.
- Knowledge and understanding of dangerous goods (Preferred)
- You must be able to work well under pressure.
- Have the ability to quickly resolve any problems that may occur, to prevent any negative impact on the customer and/or business.
- To be honest and comfortable with contributing to continuous business improvements.
- Be able to work under your own initiative or as part of a thriving team.
- Demonstrate a high standard of the attention to detail.
- Be able to demonstrate basic literate and numeracy skills.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness (Helping to prevent the spread of Covid-19)
- Due to certain aspects within the business, you will need to be comfortable with undertaking a DBS Check (Counter Terrorism Check (CTC) may also be requested).
Qualifications and Certification:
- Full UK Driving Licence with; C1, 7.5 Ton (Full DVLA Check WILL be completed on application)
- Valid CPC Card
- Valid Digital Tacho Card
Working Hours/Shifts: 08:00 – 19:00 OR 19:00 – 08:00
Contract Type: Temp – Perm
Remuneration: £10ph – £12.30ph (Depending on Shift)
Probationary Period: 12 Weeks
- Pension scheme
- Uniform & PPE provided