Overall Job Purpose/Scope:
Our client is a long standing, well established successful business who is currently seeking an experienced Engineer to join their busy team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the building, commissioning and installation of new equipment builds. In addition to this, you will also be responsible for the planned preventative maintenance of existing equipment and will be expected to make a substantial contribution in achieving continuous improvement.
Responsible to: Managing Director
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Installations, servicing and maintenance of company equipment
- Maintaining a variety of components such as Pumps, Butterfly Valves, Compressors and Actuators
- Working from mechanical drawings and circuit diagrams
- Various low voltage electrical work i.e wiring control panels, fault finding
- Working with PLC, HMI’s and SCADA systems (training can be provided)
- Liaise with and communicate effectively with clients, colleagues and suppliers.
- Manage and oversee a small team
Personal Qualities and Qualifications
- Previous experience working as a multi skilled engineer (electrical and mechanical).
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritise day to day activities.
- Experience using AutoCAD. (Desired but not essential)
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Flexible, reliable and well organised.
- Willing to travel nationally on occasions.
Qualifications and Certification:
- Diploma, City & Guilds or similar qualification in Mechanical/Electrical engineering or similar discipline.
- Full driving licence required
- In the absence of formal qualifications, relevant previous experience will be considered.
Monday to Friday(Full Time)- Hours may vary depending on workload, projects, call outs when required. Some weekend and night shifts on occasion
Location: South West
Remuneration: £30,000.00 – £45,000.00 DOE
- Van (work use only, picked up from depot daily)
- Uniform provided
- Training and career development
Probation: 6 months
Training and Development: At Managers Discretion